Thinking about auditioning for a show? Worried about singing? Don't know a monologue? That's okay!
You've come to the right place! The auditions notices have specific guidance, but feel free to check out the Auditions FAQ for general information.
If you'd like to be emailed about future auditions, please Join our Mailing List.
Into The Woods
Into The Woods
- All roles are open; diversity is encouraged. TAP values diversity in race, physical ability, gender, sexuality, socio-economic background, age, and body type. Anyone who sees a little of themselves in one of these characters is welcome and warmly encouraged to audition. The character descriptions indicate the age or gender that the character should appear onstage and do not need to match the age or gender identity of the performer. Please note that a few of these roles require some physical intimacy onstage, and TAP has hired an Intimacy Choreographer for this production.
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a musical theater selection. (Sondheim pieces are welcome) that highlights both your vocal range, and your ability to act through a song.
- There are no roles for children. All actors must be 18 or older.
Still have questions? Email us at IntoTheWoods@thearlingtonplayers.org
Location: Theatre on the Run, 3700 S. Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington, VA 22206
- Wednesday, July 5th from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 8th from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Invited Callbacks will be held on Tuesday, July 11th from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at Theater on the Run.
*If you are unable to attend in-person auditions, but you can make it to callbacks in person (this is a hard requirement), please e-mail the producer, Jasmine Jones, at IntoTheWoods@thearlingtonplayers.org to receive information on submitting a video audition.
Reserve Your Audition Slot!
*Before Auditioning: Please view TAP's COVID/Vaccination Policy to review auditioning and casting requirements.
A list of characters can be found on the downloadable character list.
A comprehensive list of audition information and the audition form can be found on the downloadable audition form.
Auditionees will be asked to prepare 16-32 bars of a musical theater selection (Sondheim pieces are welcome) that highlights both your vocal range, and your ability to act through song. Please bring sheet music in your correct and preferred key. An accompanist will be provided, and pre-recorded accompaniment tracks will not be permitted. Please note that should your audition piece run very long, we may cut you off when we’ve seen what we need to see!
Sign up to reserve your audition time!
Fill out the audition form to bring with you to your audition.
Please be prepared to bring a headshot and theatrical resume (if you have them), and a complete list of any conflicts that may arise during the rehearsal/performance process when auditioning (a calendar is attached to the audition form). Rehearsals and performances will take place beginning July 17th, 2023 through early October, 2023. Please review the audition form for more detailed scheduling information.